In the Prussian village of Ravensbrueck, located near the town of Fuerstenberg, a former climatic spa that used to be part of the state of Mecklenburg, the SS had the largest women’s concentration camp on German territory built in 1939. The first female prisoners were moved herefrom the KZ in Lichtenberg in the spring of 1939. The KZ Ravensbrueck consisted of the women’s concentration camp, to which the Siemens production facility and the later added barracks were directly adjacent. For their day- or nightshifts, the women forced to work for Siemens had to march a few kilometers daily, through the gate of the women’s camp to the Siemens work barracks. They were later housed in local barracks erected by Siemens, so the daily march was not necessary any longer.